Registration and Fees
(Registration for the Sept 2023 to April 2024 season is not yet open.)
- Decide which of the three orchestras is the best fit for you.
- Read the required agreements:
- Read about volunteer opportunities in the WYO, read our volunteer policy below, and consider which volunteer activities you are able to commit to.
- Fill out the Registration Form below.
- In the registration process, you will be provided with information on how to sign up for auditions which take place on May 7th.
Winnipeg Youth Orchestras – Volunteer Policy
The WYO greatly appreciates the time its volunteers spend every year. Volunteers with our orchestras are an essential group who facilitate our orchestras’ operations while making a meaningful and rewarding contribution to Winnipeg’s musical community. Winnipeg Youth Orchestras cannot function without the help of volunteers. We kindly ask each family registering a musician to commit to at least one volunteer position/activity during the year per musician they are registering. Volunteer commitments range from just a few hours to more involved positions that request commitment throughout the year. See our Volunteer Page for descriptions of positions and information on documentation required for volunteers. In the registration form below you will be asked to indicate your volunteer interests.
September 2022 to April 2023:
- $550.00 per musician.
- $450.00 per additional musicians from the same family/household
- Winnipeg Youth Strings traditionally holds a weekend retreat in September, attendance to which is required. September 2022 may include this event if restrictions allow and an additional cost of approximately $125.00 will be applied to Strings musicians.
Full fee payment is due on September 17th, 2022, and can be paid either by cheque or by e-transfer. (Musicians receive instructions for payment in the acceptance package after auditions.)
If payment of the full fee in September presents a barrier for you/the musician, please contact us so that we can discuss spreading the payment over two terms.
If there are financial barriers to you joining the WYO, please read about our Bursary Program. The deadline for Bursary Applications is the same as the Registration Deadline.
Warning: You will receive a confirmation of receipt when you complete the registration. However, depending on your email provider and settings this could land in your promotions/spam/social folder.